مكافي مكافح الفايروسات الرهيب McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Beta 3
البرنامج غني عن التعريف بقوته بمكافحة الفايروسات والتروجان الضار
وهذه نبذة عنه بالإنجليزي لمن يحب التفاصيل
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Beta 3
McAfee is pleased to announce the Beta 3 for VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i and AntiSpyware Enterprise Module 8.7.
This release of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i contains defect fixes, incorporates the Beta 2 release of the 5300 scanning engine, and a number of features that improve performance of malware scanning and incorporates functional and usability improvements. Providing this new functionality required making architectural changes to the product infrastructure. While we have performed extensive testing to ensure that these changes don’t impact the overall stability of the product, we urge you to download this beta version, test all features in environments that are similar to your production environments, and provide us feedback to help us further improve the stability and quality of the release.
Enhance your security with real-time malware protection now available with VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i!
We would like to call your attention to a new security feature that was introduced in the Beta 2 release of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i. This real-time threat protection feature, shown in the product user interface and ePolicy Orchestrator as "Heuristic network check for suspicious files," provides customers using VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i with real-time detections for malware. This feature uses sensitivity levels that can be configured based on your risk tolerance, to look for suspicious files on your endpoints that are running VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i. When VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i, with this feature enabled, detects a suspicious program, it sends a DNS request containing a fingerprint of the suspicious file to McAfee Avert Labs which then communicates the appropriate action back to VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i. The real-time defense feature also provides protection for classes of malware for which signatures may not be available. This protection is in addition to the world-class DAT-based detection VirusScan Enterprise has always provided. The user experience remains the same and no additional client software is required. In this release, this optional feature is available only for On-Demand Scans and Email Scanning and is disabled by default. You must select a sensitivity level to enable the feature. We encourage you to try out this feature and provide us valuable feedback so that we can continue to enhance our industry leading malware protection capabilities. See the New Features tab and the Product Guide for more details.
Please see New Product Features below and the product release notes for additional details of product changes.
VSE Beta 1 - 10 Apr 2008
VSE Beta 2 - 12 Jun 2008
VSE Beta 3 - 28 Jul 2008
Key features and improvements in Beta 1
* Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Longhorn).
* Improved local control of on-demand scans (ODS)
• Monitors battery state & full screen awareness then allows the end user to delay scheduled ODS when system is low on battery or during full screen presentations
* ODS usability improvements
• Right click ODS now prompts the user to choose to either (a) Clean any malware, or (b) Continue (report only).
* Enhanced system throttling
• Includes registry and memory scanning, in addition to file scanning
* Additional Access Protection Rules for virtual machines
• Prevents changes to the VMware settings and configuration, files and folders, and active processes
* New mail scanner
• Improved reliability with double-byte and multi-byte languages
New or changed features for Beta 2
* The ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 extension for this release has been changed from supporting VirusScan Enterprise versions 8.5i and 8.7i to supporting only VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i. To place the Beta 2 version of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i under ePO management, extract the extension from the VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Beta 2 package and check it into ePO.
* An “,,,,,,,,* when a ,,,,,,,,,,,, detection” option has been added to the reports tab of each ODS task to control the logging and ,,,,,,,,*ing of ,,,,,,,,,,,, detections when AntiSpyware Enterprise is installed. This option is enabled by default in Beta 2 so it will function like Beta 1, but will be disabled by default in the final product release.
* A “Scan Processes on enable” option has been added to the General tab of the On-access Scanner (OAS) General Settings to control the scanning of running processes when OAS is enabled. This option is enabled by default.
* Real-time Malware Defense is a new feature which allows VirusScan Enterprise to check a file being scanned against updated detection information on a McAfee server during ODS and On-Delivery Email scans. A drop-down box titled “Heuristic network check for suspicious files" has been added to the Performance tab of each ODS task and the Scan Items tab of the On-Delivery Email Scan Properties. Please see the product readme for more details.
* The ability to set Buffer Overflow exclusions by API has been re-introduced into this Beta release of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i.
* Quarantining of ,,,,,,,,,,,, detections has been turned off by default and will now require a registry key modification to turn on.
New or changed features for Beta 3
* Support for the Beta 2 release of the 5300 engine.
* Defect fixes.